Renderings & Preliminary Specs
232 NE 23rd St. Wilton Manors, FL
Projected completion date: Sept 2020
This brand-new custom home has been designed from the ground-up to pay homage to Mid-Century Modern design. Our intention with the home was to convey the design aesthetic common to a lot of Mid-Century Modern homes found in Palm Springs, CA while selecting materials that feel like South Florida. Just a two block walk to ‘The Drive’ in Wilton Manors, the home is well positioned on a large 75 ft. x 125 ft. lot in a quiet residential neighborhood.
The first indication of that Palm Springs Mid-Century Modern feel is the judicious use of breeze block in the homes’ front elevation. As you approach the double front doors and enter the main living area you are greeted by a 10-foot wall of glass at the front of the home. From the interior this glass wall allows you an unobstructed view the entrance courtyard. This area is flooded with natural light from above while privacy is maintained with the outer breeze block wall.
The layout of the home takes full advantage of the large 9,400 Sf. lot. Copious amount of indirect light cascades throughout the home as the sun moves East to West thanks to clerestory windows around the entire perimeter of the central living area and both wings of the home.
14-foot ceilings in the central area of the home combined with the clerestories gives the feeling of being outside without any exposure. The entire rear of the open-concept living area is wall-to-wall 10-foot tall glass which provides unobstructed views of the stunning 60-foot tall Golden Bamboo, generously sized raised patio area and 15×30 pool.
The triple-split floor plan has been designed to provide optimal flow, function and privacy. The East wing of the home houses the generous master suite, butler’s pantry, laundry room and garage.
The West wing of the home includes two guest bedrooms with a large full bath. A dedicated home office (or fourth bedroom) has a separate entrance off the living area. Both the East and West wings have 10-foot ceilings.
Stepping out one of the three sets of sliders that span the rear of the home, you exit onto a nicely sized 650 Sf. raised patio. The architectural porcelain pavers used for the patio surface and pool coping help extend the finishes and feeling of the interior living area to the backyard space. And of course, the 15-foot x 30-foot pool with sun-shelf and deep-end bench round out the perfect outdoor living and entertainment area.
The nuts & bolts of the property:
- - Triple-split floor plan with two wings off the central living area
- - Open concept living area in the center section with 14-foot ceilings
- - East & West wings with 10-foot ceilings
- – Large master suite comprises nearly 50% of the entire East Wing
- - 2 guest bedrooms in the West wing
- - Dedicated home office (or 4th bedroom) in the West wing, separate from other guest bedrooms
- - 2 full baths (1 ensuite)
- – 1 half bath
- - Approximately 3,192 Sf. under air
- - Large 2-car garage (519 Sf.) with 11-foot ceilings
- - Premium trade-only designer finishes throughout
- - Custom cabinetry and vanities throughout
- - New 15×30 pool with sun-shelf and in-pool seating
- - R-30 Spray foam insulation
- - Design + build management by Studio 818